Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Nut Tree
9/19/08

Payton had the day off from school and so Dave took half a day off and we headed down to the Nut Tree. I know I had been there several times as a kid but I had no recollection of it. But it is wonderful now. It's a great park for 2+ year olds. We had to go on a few things with the big girls but it was great. It's compact and clean and they can go on everything several times (totally worth the $10 bracelet which is unlimited rides and admission) and there was plenty for Mayce to enjoy too. We had great afternoon.

Here's Dave and the girls with the Engineer who drives the original train from the old park. He was very informative and had a wealth of knowledge of all things Nut Tree.

The girls are riding a Hobby Horse made from the pattern of the ones also at the original Nut Tree.

Don't let this ride fool you! I went on with Mayce and when it takes this corner you had better hold on. The girls loved it.

Ahh, they're so cute! (Sorry Tommy, I forget to get Dave to pose in one. I know you want to keep the contest going!)

Seriously, we had a great time. It was nice to let them go on as many rides, multiple times, that they wanted. There's tons of shopping and places to eat. And it's across the freeway from the outlets. Perfect for everyone!

2 comments:

summerseverydaymoments said...

Cute! I remember going there when I was little too I thought they closed everything though!

Raimi said...

Looks like a fun family day! We have never been, we might have to try it out one of these days!