Sunday, November 09, 2008

RANDOM
Our weekend . . .
Pretty mellow really. Payton's second to last soccer game was Saturday. We played the Sea Monkeys (love the name) and they had lots of Payton's friends on that team so it was fun to see everyone. Payton scored her first goal! She loves soccer and is bummed she can't play again until 1st grade. But it was really exciting and now Dave feels like we got our money's worth! (My poor girls, I'll try to keep him in check) Later that night we had a post Prop 8 ice cream social and the girls ran wild in our Bishop's home. Lots of kids there! Today was our ward's Sacrament Program and it was great! The girls both memorized their parts and said them perfectly. Fallyn even had an unintentional solo of I Am A Child Of God. They had all the sunbeams sing and Fallyn was RIGHT IN FRONT of the microphone. She had been waiting for this moment for a year. Ever since Payton spoke at the pulpit Fallyn has been counting down the days. Apparently it wore her out because by the end of the program she had fallen asleep. Love her! Mayce has been super cranky this week so I thought I'd post some cute pictures from last week to make up for it.

She's been back and forth with the hair. It's killing me because her sisters could usually care less what I do to their hair. Mayce usually picks out her own barrette's and will possibly let me put them in her hair. And she needs them because she's growing out those bangs and with the winter runny nose, it is not pretty! But here she is being goofy. She brought me 3 rubber bands and this is what we did with them. Some times I cannot figure her out!

And here she is the TV addict. She loves The Backyardigans and Little Einsteins. Both great cartoons with lots to learn from. However she is not watching in moderation. She's out of control and I'm enabling her. If I thought she was cranky this weekend she'll probably die this week when I cute back her TV time. I've been getting more done, but at this slothful expense. She cracks me up! Wish me luck! I need to be strong, she's only 1 right!?!


3 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Mayce, Mayce...I love it. You made me smile this morning! What a cutie! We're having similar problems with Austin and Thomas the train. The boy is a addict. Perhaps an intervention is in store for both of them?

Stephanie said...

Love the hair-do! I thought Fallyn & Payton did great, too. It's probably a good thing Fallyn was right in front of the microphone because the others were so quiet when they sang. Cute girls!

The Jensens said...

We had our progam on Sunday too... what a relief! I too was right in front with Fallyn but, luckily our kids sang their hearts out so only the first row or two heard me. You'll have to have the girls call me and recite their parts, and I want a solo out of Fallyn. Sorry about Mayce. Ship her out... I'd love to play with her.