Friday, December 05, 2008

A Tradition Passed On. . .
As young girls my sister and I loved to have curly hair. She has a beautiful wave in her hair that she can let air dry and look amazing. However, the random waviness of my hair is a cruel joke. It in no way looks even remotely good. So, as girls my mom would put our hair in sponge curlers and we would sleep in them. To bring us to the present, my ladies have been asking for curly hair. They don't like me to use the curling iron, I burned Fallyn once, oops! So I broke down and bought a set of curlers. They were so excited! They were even willing to sleep in them. I don't give them enough credit. They made some comment that even though sleeping in them would be uncomfortable, the curls were worth it. Another affirmation that they are my girls! I didn't really have a rhyme or reason to how I placed them. I have learned from the experience and will do it differently next time. Payton lost several during the night but she had some nice body to her hair. I didn't know how Fallyn's would do because her hair is fine and stick straight. But hers held the curls too. It was fun reliving my childhood through them, I'm glad they had fun too! By the way, Mayce is not ready to make the sacrifice of sleeping in curlers yet. She did keep a couple in for a minute or two. And sorry if this is a silly post, my sister will appreciate it though!

5 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

So cute! I remember doing that too!

Stephanie said...

Too cute! I remember wanting those curlers when I was little. My hair would hold the curl until I washed it, but my sister's hair would be almost stick straight minutes after the curlers came out.

The Jensens said...

I love it! I am so happy you are passing the tradition down. They are so adorable. You need to frame the one where they are wearing the curlers, it is too cute!! I wish I was there for the process. I am glad to hear that Payton and Fallyn encouraged it and enjoyed it. Fallyn's hair work REALLY good and Payt had beautiful body! Way to go ladies. You look gorgeous!! The crimper is next (is that how it's spelled?).

summerseverydaymoments said...

How cute!! I remember doing that when I was little too!!

Tifferbob said...

We do the opposite at our house. I flat iron Grace's hair so it can be straight for a couple days.

Love the curls!