Thursday, January 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYCE!!

My baby is 2 today, and that's crazy! It seems like just yesterday the most petite of the 3, weighing in at 8 lbs. 5oz., was born. She is turning into a little drama queen, and keeps me laughing. You know how watching your kids is like looking in a mirror. They pick up on your little traits or habits you weren't aware you had. Well I have discovered that I must *sigh* A LOT. Little Miss Mayce sighs about everything. Every time she lies down, sits down, or anytime I tell her anything. What does that say about me? Sorry to anyone who I have sighed at, I'm working on it! So in the words of Mayce, "Happy New Year to my." (For whatever reason happy birthday sounds more like happy new year. You understand right Poppy?) Love ya Mayce! (Party photos to come . . .)






Here are some pictures from Mayce's party. We are so lucky to have so much family (& family's family) near by. We had a great turn out! She had a blast and was so excited for it to be her day.
Mayce got lots of fun stuff. Clothes, books, toys, she cleared all categories.
Okay, our theme for the evening was, Horton Hears a Who. This is my (along with my wonderful assistants Payton & Fallyn) creation of the flower that carries the speck that carries the Who's. My girls informed my that it wasn't exactly right, but good enough for me. I think this may be my first crafty, bakey, mom cake. The picture does not do it justice!
Here's a picture of most of our crowd. We had poppy's and grandma's, cousins, 2nd cousins, aunts, uncles, and cousin's grandparents. Mayce sure can gather a crowd!

4 comments:

Tifferbob said...

Happy Birthday Mayce!

Yes, having kids is interesting. Grace says, "What the..." when she sees something crazy just like I do.

The Jensens said...

Happy Birthday Mayce Moo! I miss playing with you and hearing your "munchkin talk" as grampa calls it. Tommy misses your sniffs! We love you!!

The Jensens said...

Hey is that Jim and Jane I see? Fun for Cami.

summerseverydaymoments said...

Cute!! Wow time flys doesnt it I cant believe next month my baby is gonna be a year!! I guess we need to cherish each day!!