Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Saturday Swim
The scene of the "incident":
The victim:The casualty:

On Saturday the girls and I were feeding my in-laws koi and Mayce went in with the food. I don't understand how she lost her balance but in she went! I was standing right next to her so I got to her quickly but it was scary none the less. She went under and made no attempt to do anything! She just floated there face down. When I pulled her out she didn't gag or cough, nothing! Completely unfazed! We showered off and she was on her way. We had a long talk about how she should have been scared but I don't know how much sunk in. However, I am mourning the loss of my favorite flip flops! And Mayce is not allowed outside without supervision.

2 comments:

Raimi said...

Scary!I'm gald she is okay! It is amazing how they can just bounce back or in M's case, be totally unaware! Sorry about your flip flop...good thing those can be replaced :-). Hoping this week is calm for you!

Lisa said...

I'm glad she is ok. Kids are funny sometimes. I broke a flip flop before, but we were not home. It was hard to walk around with a broken shoe.