Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm back, again!! Here's a recap of the last 6 months. I'd say a lot has happened and here's the biggest event:

He's here!!
Drake was born August 2nd at 11:43pm. It was drama for the week leading up to him. I was hoping to be induced at 38 weeks like I was with Mayce but an ultrasound showed him to be about 6 lbs at the 38 wk mark. So we decided to induce at 40 weeks. The morning I was supposed to be induced I called the hospital to double check and they didn't know anything about it. Since I was in tears the nurse said she'd call my doctor and get back to me. He called about an hour later and said to go in. Thank goodness, I was ready to have my baby!! We started poticin at about 9am and I had him 14 hours later. (It took 29 hours with Fallyn, but only 11 with Mayce.) I didn't have to push too long, so Drake ranks #2 in the best deliveries. (But so far he's #1 in the baby behavior department) Since we didn't know he was going to be a he, we were not prepared. He's currently sleeping in a hot pink room with flowers and girly insects on the walls. Another project! So - he was 9 lbs. 8 oz. I think the ultrasound was a little off. That put him at #3 in the heaviest dept. But all that seems like forever ago because I'll tell you what - 4 kids is a lot to handle! We are managing. Luckily we have so much family around and they can rescue me at a moments notice. So, here are some photos, and more to come!


1 comment:

Tifferbob said...

Oh my goodness, that is one good lookin' guy!