Friday, July 11, 2008

On Wednesday we had the opportunity to go to Lake Tahoe with friends from our ward. Mindy and Bruce came with us so we had a car full. The girls had fun but I think the beach house in North Carolina has spoiled them. They played for an hour and then ate and probably expected a break in a house for a while and then out to the beach again when they were ready. Sorry ladies, this is the way most people go the the beach. We still haven't taken them to the Pacific Ocean yet, we probably should to bring them back to West Coast reality. But they had a great time and are still talking about it. It was nice to get away from the smoke that is still invading our air. I'm trying not to be the paranoid mom who doesn't let their kids play outside right now, but when the smoke is as thick as fog I have a hard time encouraging outside play. So here are the girls at Lake Tahoe!
Here's the girl's posing for me. Fallyn with the hand on the hip is funny. And apparently this is what Payton thinks of when she's told to pose. I guess we need to work on her creativity. I think she gets the lack there of from me. Whenever I was told to do a funny pose after a team picture I always looked lost. I was still trying to think of something funny while they took the picture. Maybe I should have Dave work with her.



The water was pretty cold but they all got all the way in. We have some water girls!

This was taken right after Mayce put her face in the water. She was fearless once she got in. She spent the beginning of the day just sitting in a chair eating gold fish crackers. I kept asking her if she wanted to swim but she like hanging out with the adults.


Here's the group picture. Look at all those boys! We are definitely outnumbered. It's a big change from Redding where there were lots of girls their ages. It's nice though because at this age they don't really realize the difference. And they spend a lot of time with their cousin Owen so boys aren't too foreign to them.
We had a great time and are looking forward to another outing to the lake. Thanks for the invite!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you girls could come! We had a great time in Tahoe that day. We were pretty worn out, but it was so worth it getting away from the heat and smoke. We'll have to do it again!

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

That was a ton of kids! Wow, good for you to get away from the smoke. I'm sick of not letting my kids in the backyard too.

Raimi said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you could make it! We will have to try & do @ least one more trip before the older kids go back to school. BTW- I love the hand on the hip shot, so cute!