Friday, July 25, 2008

This post is way late oh well! Here's what happened last Saturday (the 19th):
Dave was on an overnight scout camp out so the girl's and I mooched off of Antelope Stake's Pioneer Day festivities. Dave's parents were there making the pancakes and my parents were there eating them. We didn't stay long but Mayce was feeling the pioneer spirit in her dress. My mom made that a few years ago for Fallyn. When I showed it to Mayce her eyes lit up, no joke. She is definitely my girliest girl!


After the pioneer party we headed out to catch the end of the Eppie's race. My brother participated in all three legs this year. I am totally naive to the lingo of these kind of things but some of the things I heard were that his time was 2 hours 16 minutes and I believe it was much better than he had expected. (Robby, leave a comment if I'm way off with that.) It has semi-motivated me. If my little brother can do it, so can I! Who knows how long that will last but it looked like fun (to someone who didn't spend over 2 hours working my body until it would work no more!) I'm so proud of him, and there he his with his 2 boys and Payton and Fallyn.
Here's Mayce hanging out in the stroller. She loved that thing. They had an entire kids area in the park after the race. They had inflatable toys, face painting (that my girls would absolutely not do), and little carnival games. Along with free popcorn and cotton candy! Yum! I think next year we'll go just for the fun of it. They had a live band and bunch of different vendors, it was quite the event.

So there's last Saturday. We haven't done much since then. We'll see what I can pull together for tomorrow.

No comments: