Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FUN WEEKEND!
I don't think I've posted any soccer pictures yet so here's an example of what has kept us busy with two practices a week and a game on Saturdays. We really like her team. Her coach is the mom of one of the boys on the team and I'm totally impressed with the practices. It's drills and good skills they've been mastering. However, this is our only year with this team. There are eight boys and Payton is one of two girls. I guess next year they separate the girls and boys. So we've been scouting the teams we've been playing for good girls for next year. Just kidding . . . maybe!

Payton's favorite position is goalie. She's not bad, but I think she a great forward. However, she always requests goalie or fullback. She tires quickly at forward and it's hard to tell if that's because she goes full-throttle or if it's her heart. But she is super aggressive at forward, she keeps going and going. The coaches referee at this age and when she's playing forward every time she passes the coach she asks to play fullback. Who's kid is this?
Later that night we crashed my brother's ward Halloween party. I am so proud that I got the costumes done in plenty of time. It helped that Dave spent a few days in Oregon last week so I had lots of time to sew without him distracting me. Payton and Fallyn love their costumes but I had to put Mayce's on her while she was screaming. Then she walked around with her legs and arms out like she was in pain. By the end of the night she had adjusted. We'll see what happens tomorrow night. Jake thinks I should get her a wig, that may be pushing it.

Payton is an angel this year. I think I need to make her a halo though, some people thought she was a princess. Hello, she has wings! My dad spent half the night torturing her telling her that real angels don't have wings. Good thing she's a strong young lady because she didn't believe a word he was saying.

On the left is cousin Owen. He's Snoopy and his little brother is Charlie Brown. So cute! Then we have Fallyn as a Mermaid. I must admit that I really love her costume. I was afraid of it because I basically had to make it up. I'm not that creative. Give me a pattern and I'm good, but to create from scratch (okay I used a pattern for the bodice and sleeves) I definitely put this one off for last and it turned out great. Mayce is a clown and if anyone ever sees me buying this fabric (tissue lame, accent on the e) stop me. Even with serging the edges it was torture! But she looks cute so I guess it was worth it.

After church Sunday the girls were excited because we had friends over. Here's a couple of pictures.

My kids do not usually fall asleep eating so we couldn't resist this picture. I guess partying the night before finally caught up with her.

And who can resist taking a picture of two adorable kids in laundry baskets? J is about four months younger than Mayce and has a solid 6 lbs. on her. Those cheeks of his! They remind me of Fallyn's when she was that age. It would be nice if I could say they got along great, but Mayce is such a stinker, I don't know if I'll ever be able to say that. If another child, or adult sometimes, gets with a two foot radius of whatever she is playing with she starts the pre-emptive "No!" She's killing me! She is my defiant child. I am lucky that she's my only stinker. She should grow out of it soon!
So that was our Saturday and Sunday. Get ready for more Halloween pictures. Tomorrow is our ward's Trunk-or-Treat and Friday is Halloween and Dave's parents Trunk-or-Treat. Any one's tonight we can crash?

2 comments:

The Jensens said...

They turned out fabulous Erin. I think you should have the job of making my children's costumes in the future... what a fun tradition to start!

GO PAYTON!!! Score a goal for me next game!

summerseverydaymoments said...

Love the costumes at least you can make them! I have to resort what I can find in the stores!!!